CALL FOR PAPERS | Interaction Design and Architecture (s) Journal (IxD&A)
Theme | Augmenting Space: The role of immersive technologies in future cities
Guest-editors Waldemar Jenek, Callum Parker, Soojeong Yoo, and Youngho Lee, are welcoming research focused on engaging experiences using augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR) within the context of enhancing architecture, public spaces, and cities. Specific topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Augmenting humans in future cities;
- Digital heritage and preservation;
- Speculative designs, design fictions, and art projects;
- Perspectives from literature;
- How immersive technologies and applications can be utilised to enhance existing urban infrastructure/technologies (public displays, media facades, buildings, town squares, etc);
- Remote collaboration;
- The effect of immersive technologies on culture and behaviour in cities;
- Smart cities with digital twin technologies.
Deadline: July 15, 2020
Notification to the authors: October 15, 2020
Camera-ready paper: November 10, 2020
Publication of the special issue: end of November 2020
Let us know about your projects, publications & events, and we will share it on our online channels!
You can reach us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s stay connected!