Date: 24 March, 2021
Time: 18:30 – 19:30 CET
Hosted and streamed by Pakhuis de Zwijger
What role can media architecture play in activating public spaces and engaging audiences around issues of communal concern?
For the 4th edition of the MAB live cast, we are inviting a group of multidisciplinary speakers to discuss media architecture through the lens of civic interaction design.
What role can media architecture and new technologies play in the representation of social themes and in the organisation of public debate and public spaces? How can media architecture be used in engagement processes and to which new forms of social organisation could it contribute? And how can the design of digital media contribute to improving the interaction between citizens and institutions?
- Nancy Odendaal – Associate Professor: City and Regional Planning at University of Cape Town
- Eric Gordon – Director and Professor, Engagement Lab at Emerson College
- Michiel Schwarz – Sustainism Lab, co-creator of the Sustainism manifesto
- Diana Krabbendam – Co-Founder & Director of The Beach Foundation
- Mouna Andraos – Co-founder of art and design studio Daily Tous Les Jours
(Re)Watch the Livecast:
This Livecast is organized by Pakhuis de Zwijger and The Media Architecture Biennale 20 (MAB20), which will take place on June 28th – July 2nd, 2021 in an online format. MAB is an international forum exploring media architecture, urban interaction design, and urban informatics. It brings together architects, artists, designers, academics, policymakers, and industry stakeholders from around the globe. Together, they explore the design and role of media in the built environment and its implications for urban communities and ecosystems.
Image Credits: Musical Swings, Daily Tous Les Jours. Photo by Jay Fenech.⠀